System requirements are subject to change. Please ensure you have the latest information before making any purchase decisions. If you are running any other Blackbaud products, please refer to the System Requirements for those products separately.
Last updated: May 26, 2020
Workstation supported versions
Windows 2000 and XP Professional.
- For full interactivity, Microsoft Office is required to be installed on the client machine. To view Pivot Table and Charts, via HTML publication interactively, Excel XP or Office web components need to be installed; otherwise the reports will be presented in a static format.
- SQL Client Connection Tools should be installed on the workstation prior to installing.
- Crystal Reports Professional for Blackbaud version 8.5 is required to report off the backend of your SQL Server database.
Pentium III or Pentium III-class 733 MHz minimum; Pentium IV or Pentium IV-class recommended.
150 MB minimum for program and system files.
SVGA (1024 x 768 minimum)
For guidance on compatible browsers, see the Supported Browsers page.
Crystal reports are published as PDF files, so the Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view reports. Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.05 is compatible with Information Edge.
Server supported versions
Operating system / database
- Windows Server 2000 and 2003.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard or Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 4 is required for the database.
- Microsoft Analysis Services 2000 with Service Pack 4.
Important Note: Domain controllers, Small Business Servers, NT 4.0 Server, Novell, peer-to-peer
networks and thin-client configurations are not supported.
- Pentium IV or Pentium IV-class 2.00 GHz minimum for large networks and/or large databases.
- Only Intel-Pentium processors or x86 Pentium-class processors are supported.
- A dedicated database server, especially with high user loads and activity, should be considered but is
1 GB minimum, 2 GB recommended.
Note: SQL Server uses a memory cache, which allows the database and OLAP cubes to retrieve information from memory and improves performance. Consider purchasing more than the recommended RAM to allow for a larger cache. This can dramatically increase performance.
500 MB minimum for the Information Edge program, system, and database management console files. Requirements vary, depending on the number of records and data marts installed.
A high-performance disk subsystem, such as SCSI-2 and RAID technology (level 0 or 10).